One size does not fit all; it can be very useful to see different information for different kinds of companies, opportunities, and other entities in a CRM. Synap Templates allow you to apply views on an individual entity basis, rather than to all entities of a particular kind.
For example, you may have a standard Summary view on organizations with some very basic information that applies to all organizations in your CRM system, such as organization type, relationship type, location, and primary contact. Yet, the information you want to track for your prospects vs your customers or your partners or vendors, etc may diverge. With templates, you can set up one or more views per template to be applied on an individual basis. Read more about how they can be useful here.
IN THIS ARTICLE
|What is a template?||How to set up a template|
|How to add/remove a template||Additional information|
What is a View template?
A template is a collection of one or more views that can be applied selectively to individual entities of a particular kind (e.g. organizations, opportunities, etc).
How to set up a template
- First, create the view(s) you would like to selectively apply. Learn more.
- Be sure to uncheck the “Appears on all X” option for the view(s) you would like to use in your templates.
- Remember, the name of your view is what will show up as a “tab” on the entities where it is applied.
- Once the view(s) have been published, click the Configure (gear) button in the left nav and choose the Edit button in the Templates section.
- Decide whether the template will apply to organizations, people, opportunities, or other entity and click New in the corresponding section.
- Give your template a title and description. This will help your users decide which template to choose.
- Click Add a View to this Template and select the desired view.
- Note: Only views that are not set to “Appear on all X” will be available in this list.
- If you would like to include multiple views in this template, repeat this step to choose the additional view(s).
- When you are finished selecting the desired view(s) to include in the template, click Publish to share the template with your teammates.
- If you are not ready to publish the template and want to continue working on it later, click Done.
- Or, if you decide you do not want the template you created, click Discard.
How to apply or remove a template to/from an individual entity
Once the template has been published by an administrator, users will be able to apply it to individual entities of the associated entity kind (e.g. organizations, opportunities, etc). To do this:
- Navigate to the desired entity (e.g. using search).
- Click the gear icon on the entity page to access the actions menu and select Add/Remove Templates.
- Check the box next to one or more templates and click Save.
- Note: More than one template can be applied to a given individual entity at once.
Once you do this, you will see the new tabs associated with that template show up for this particular entity.
To remove a template from an entity, follow the above steps, but uncheck the box(es) and click Save.
- Templates can be created for people, organizations, and other kinds of primary entities, such as opportunities.
- The same view can be included in more than one template.
- You must have administrator or owner rights in order to create a template.
- Any administrator or owner can edit or remove any published template.
- Templates that are created by an admin or owner are visible to all users.
- You can keep a draft of a template before publishing it.
- You can remove a view from your template by mousing over the name of it and clicking the X and then clicking Publish.
- All fields set to "appear on" a given kind of entity are always available from the main edit page for that entity (accessible via the gear icon > Edit), even if they are not included in any of the views that are applied to the individual entity.