Keeping track of all of your communications is critical, but what are those communications without next actions? Synap’s tasks allow you to keep track of all of those follow-ups and next steps, organized by teammate or within the appropriate customer context. Synap will send you notifications for things like when you’re assigned to a task by another teammate and also when a task is coming due soon.
Task list on an organization with filter options
How to add a task
It’s easy to add a task to any of the main entities, such as people, organizations, account plans, business reviews, and opportunities.
- Simply use the main search to navigate to the desired organization, account plan, etc.
- Click/tap the Tasks tab
- Click/tap the Add button, enter the appropriate information (note: the only required field is Name), and click/tap Save.
Note: Time due defaults to 5pm user-local time of the selected date, but can be adjusted in half hour increments.
How to find a task
The two main ways to find tasks are by using the main search to either navigate to the customer, plan, opportunity, etc. the task is regarding or to your own or a teammate’s page and choosing the Tasks tab.
- For the first case, the task list defaults to showing all active tasks regarding the given entity and shows who is assigned to the task below the task name. See first image in this article.
- When on your own task page, the list defaults to all active tasks that are assigned to you and shows what the task is regarding. See image below.
- When on the task page of a teammate, the list will default to all tasks assigned to that user.
User's own task list
Note that, in addition to the default view of active tasks, any task list can be adjusted to show only completed tasks or all tasks (both active and completed). The list of tasks also can be toggled to filter for tasks assigned to, created by, or assigned by you (or your teammate if on a teammate’s page).
Standard filter options for task lists
Filter options when viewing another user’s task list
How to edit or delete a task
To edit a task, expand the task to reveal the actions menu, click/tap the vertical ellipsis icon, and choose Edit or Delete.
Expanded task with a comment
Notifications related to tasks
Users will receive notifications for the following task-related scenarios:
- A task is assigned to you by someone else
- You are the assignee of a task and either of the following are updated
- Due date
- You created or are assigned to a task and any of the following apply
- Task is completed or made active again (i.e. status changes)
- Task is deleted
- Task is due within 24 hours - checked every 30 minutes at the top and middle of the hour
- Task is overdue - checked every 30 minutes at the top and middle of the hour
Examples of task-related notifications
For more information on notifications, in general, check out the notifications article.