Help Scout Integration
Help Scout is a cloud-based, simple help desk and customer support software designed for small businesses. With the Help Scout integration in Synap, you can import your help desk tickets and the associated people and organizations, so that you can view the tickets along with emails to customers from you and your team, all in one unified feed.
In order to activate this integration, you will need a Help Scout API key. Instructions on how to generate a Help Scout API key can be found here: http://developer.helpscout.net/. Outside of that, setup is simple and does not require any developer attention.
- Log into your Synap account and click/tap Configure in the navigation menu to access your Configuration page.
- Click/tap the Edit button in the Integrations section.
- Look for the Help Scout section on the Integrations page and use the Add button to connect your Help Scout account to Synap.
- Synap will prompt you to enter your Help Scout API Key and your Help Scout Mailbox Name. Instructions on how to generate a Help Scout API key can be found here: http://developer.helpscout.net/.
- Finally, you'll be asked to allow Synap to access your Help Scout account. Simply click Allow and you're all set!
Do all Synap users need Help Scout user credentials to access Help Scout information in Synap?
Nope. Just one user needs to authenticate. Even your teammates who may not have access to Help Scout will see the information from Help Scout in Synap, giving everyone the benefit of the unified view of your customer communications.
When the status of a ticket gets updated in Help Scout, is it updated in Synap?
Yes, updates in Help Scout regarding the status of the help desk incident send a webhook to Synap, where the updated information will be displayed.
We have multiple Help Scout accounts for different products. Is that supported in Synap?
Yes, Synap supports multiple Help Scout integrations. Tickets from each of the Help Scout accounts will all roll up into one unified feed, so that you're able to see the complete story of your customers.
How do I remove my Help Scout integration?
You can submit a support request for this by clicking on the Help menu in the bottom left and then clicking Send a Message. In the message, please let us know which integration you would like disconnected.